The virtual session will be facilitated via direct, indirect, interactive and experiential learning instructional strategies. Participants will learn through mini-knowledge facilitated sessions, paired and group discussions, case study, role play, games, experiential learning, peer sharing, individual exercises, reflection and quizzes.
This workshop contents will be integrated with tech enabled tools such as google workspace, mentimeter, padlet, quizzlet, slido, videos etc to engage participants in active learning and transfer of learning.
Register Your Interest for the Course
Advisory and Updates: From 1 October 2023, Singaporean Citizens / Permanent Residents learners who are attending SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)'s funded courses must take their attendance digitally via the Singpass App for attendance-taking for both physical classroom and synchronous e-learning courses.
Mandatory e-Attendance via Singpass App from 1 October 2023
Singaporean Citizens/Permanent Residents are required to set up your Singpass account and download the Singpass App prior to course commencement. Learners will have to submit a reschedule request, with an applicable fee, if they are unable to do so.
Please be present in class (physical and online) 15 minutes before the scheduled lesson time on the actual day and have the following ready:
- Smart device (e.g., smartphone or iPad) with a functioning camera,
- Singpass mobile app installed on the smart device,
- Login credentials for the Singpass App.
By the end of this programme, the learners will be able to:
- Interpret the four natural working styles.
- Adapt learner’s style to maximise his/her effectiveness.
Communicate effectively to engage their bosses at the workplace.
- Common communication issues faced at workplace with bosses
- Introduction to the four natural working style – controller, analyser, promoter and supporter
- Behavioural characteristics of each natural working style
- Discover your and your bosses’ style
- Potential challenges of each natural working style
- Develop strategies to respond effectively to your bosses’ style
- Flexing your style to maximise your effectiveness
- More tips and techniques to communicate effectively to get buy in and approval
- Recap and summary of learning
- Summative Assessment
- Reflection on learning
- Transfer of learning