Register Your Interest for the Course
The “A Practical Guide to Managing People: The Manager's Toolbox” course is designed to enable assistant managers and team supervisors to apply communication and leadership techniques to lead and motivate the teams to achieve organizational goals and manage client expectations through active problem-solving.
Advisory and Updates: From 1 October 2023, Singaporean Citizens / Permanent Residents learners who are attending SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)'s funded courses must take their attendance digitally via the Singpass App for attendance-taking for both physical classroom and synchronous e-learning courses.
Mandatory e-Attendance via Singpass App from 1 October 2023
Singaporean Citizens/Permanent Residents are required to set up your Singpass account and download the Singpass App prior to course commencement. Learners will have to submit a reschedule request, with an applicable fee, if they are unable to do so.
Please be present in class (physical and online) 15 minutes before the scheduled lesson time on the actual day and have the following ready:
- Smart device (e.g., smartphone or iPad) with a functioning camera,
- Singpass mobile app installed on the smart device,
- Login credentials for the Singpass App.
By the end of this programme, the learners will be able to:
- Apply a framework for leading teams and managing clients
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders using noticing, listening responding, developing, reflecting and appreciation skills
- Manage client’s expectations through effective problem-solving techniques.
Framework for Leading Teams and Managing Clients
- Developing Skills
- Using Growth Mindset for leading self and managing others
- Leading with courage and vulnerability
Noticing Skills and Workplace Drama
- Identifying unproductive behaviours at work using the Drama Triangle
- Differentiating emotions and behaviours that help or hinder work.
Listening and Responding skills
- Determining the empathy scale
- Responding with empathy
- Using ‘Yes, And’ and ‘I’ messages
- Coaching for performance using feedback
- Identifying interests and needs
- Managing expectations
- Using How Might We and 5Ws1H
Reflecting and appreciation skills
- Using What, So What and Now What
- Language of appreciation