Register Your Interest for the Course
The “A Practical Guide to Managing People: The Manager's Toolbox” course is designed to enable assistant managers and team supervisors to apply communication and leadership techniques to lead and motivate the teams to achieve organizational goals and manage client expectations through active problem-solving.
By the end of this programme, the learners will be able to:
- Apply a framework for leading teams and managing clients
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders using noticing, listening responding, developing, reflecting and appreciation skills
- Manage client’s expectations through effective problem-solving techniques.
Framework for Leading Teams and Managing Clients
- Developing Skills
- Using Growth Mindset for leading self and managing others
- Leading with courage and vulnerability
Noticing Skills and Workplace Drama
- Identifying unproductive behaviours at work using the Drama Triangle
- Differentiating emotions and behaviours that help or hinder work.
Listening and Responding skills
- Determining the empathy scale
- Responding with empathy
- Using ‘Yes, And’ and ‘I’ messages
- Coaching for performance using feedback
- Identifying interests and needs
- Managing expectations
- Using How Might We and 5Ws1H
Reflecting and appreciation skills
- Using What, So What and Now What
- Language of appreciation